We enjoy having volunteers and will train all volunteers on site. Our volunteers are as young as age 15 up to mature adults in their retirement years and everyone in between. We do a local background check on all volunteers. Volunteers can choose from one or several categories to spend their time.
• Playing with the children inside and outside
• Assisting with creating curriculum materials (i.e.: arts & crafts, games & puzzles)
• Reading to the children
• Assisting with snacks and lunch
Lunches / Kitchen / Laundry (11am-1pm daily)
• Assist with setting out children’s lunches
• Assist with laundry and dishes
• Sitting with the children while they eat; help open containers, etc.
• Washing toys
General office duties (i.e.: typing, filing, copying, laminating, answering telephones)
Respite Care Volunteer
(Second Saturday of each month from 3:30-8:00pm)
• Assist teachers in classrooms – typically developing children and children with special needs from ages 1-9 at the CC, and ages 10-18 at Parrish Health and Fitness.
• Activities include reading stories, arts and crafts, dinner, outside playground time and physical activity.
Maintenance / Grounds
• Playground clean-up, grounds pick-up, assembly of equipment
• Flushing drains & cleaning toys
• Defrost refrigerator (1x/month)
• Clean-out refrigerator (1x/week)
Special Events / Fundraisers Throughout the year as needed/requested.
Questions? Call today to see how you can make a difference in a child’s life!
Ready to get started?